Monday, August 22, 2011

Footbridge Lobster Rolls: Voted Number One in the State of Maine

This sick lobster roll is the best I've ever had. It was about $14, and comes from Footbridge Lobster Rolls of Perkins Cove in Ogunquit, Me.

It was 100 percent meat, claw (as you can see easily) and tail, on a traditional New England style hot dog bun. Footbridge offers it with butter, mayo, either on the side, or plain. I had mine straight up, and didn't miss the oil at all.

My server said the meat was particularly fresh, but given the location and the fact that this shack is owned and operated by a real Maine lobsterman, I doubt the meat at Footbridge is ever not fresh.

At the end of the day, this is the best lobster roll ever. Must have had close to a pound of meat. Maybe the server was indulging me, but I went back and had a second roll and got the same fill, and another for my wife also the same.

Barnacle Billy's up the street is well worth a visit, but don't get your lobster rolls there. A stroll across the parking lot and over to Footbridge should be a daily must for every day you're lucky enough to visit Ogunquit.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment